There has been a jetty on this site since the days of Redcliffe being a 19th century seaside holiday hotspot and the one that extends out to sea today from the 1930’s bathing pavilion is the 3rd one to have been built, in 1995.
The original, which was completed in 1885, was closed to the public due to disrepair in 1921 and a new one built 66ft north and opened in 1922 with a toll of one penny per pedestrian. This one featured a halfway house, which in 1938 became an entertainment parlour (which was frequented by the Bee Gees during their childhood tenure in the area).
By 1961 it too had deteriorated and after half-baked repair attempts over the next decades it was finally demolished and the current one with its heritage features – lighting, seats and drinking fountains derived from the other 2 jetties - opened in 1999.
The railway track motif along its length is in recognition of the rail tracks that featured on the past jetties for cargo to be transported from the sea to the main street of Redcliffe.