Kayes Rocks Park
This quaint little terraced park tucked at the end of a tiny cul-de-sac feels like a million miles from the city for those who need an escape.
With sweeping views of the giant fig tree-fringed Orleigh Park across the river bend and the St Lucia 1960’s towers towards the Uni it’s a more than pleasant place to take time out on one of the benches.
Once it was a hive of activity though, back when Patterson’s Timber Mills occupied the site of Toowong Village in the late 1880’s. Bullock teams brought the logged timber to the Rafting Grounds in Pullenvale whereupon they were floated down river to Kayes Rocks and collected from here for the mills. The flywheel and steam engine cylinders, remnants of the mill, adorn the side of Moggill Rd next to Oakman Park Toowong.
30 Brisbane St