Ghost and Crime Tours
Brisbane & Ipswich
Discover Brisbane and Ipswich's dark history with mainland Australia's longest running Ghost and Crime Tours (established in 1998 by horror and crime historian Jack Sim) at some of Queensland's spookiest sites, from Boggo Road Gaol (Jail) to historic cemeteries.
While most of these spine-chilling torchlit tours have been running for a while there are several new experiences running across Brisbane and Ipswich. Researched by local historian, Jack Sim, these experiences showcase the city’s haunted and criminal past and present it through the ancient art of storytelling. These are real stories about real ghosts and real crimes in real sites - researched from archives, books, newspapers, interviews with locals and more, with 8 ghost tours and 1 crime tour to choose from.
1. Boggo Road Gaol (Jail) Ghosts and Gallows Tour - Visit one of Australia’s most notorious prisons, Boggo Road Gaol (Jail) at night. You'll hear tales of Boggo Road’s gruesome gallows, and ghost stories from the Warders and Inmates dating back to the 1930’s. Thu-Sun @7.30-9.30pm (additional dates & times Wed evenings & school holidays) $25-45.
2. Toowong Cemetery Ghost Tour (the original) - Explore Brisbane’s largest cemetery and walk among the graves and tombs in this city of the dead, where you'l hear tales of dead governors, murderers, black widows, & buried boxers. Fri-Sat @7.30-9.30pm. $25-45
3. South Brisbane Cemetery Ghost Tour - Walk through one of Australia’s most haunted sites - the second largest cemetery in Queensland - and hear its terrible tales of hungry ghosts, criminals, vicious killers, floods and bloody murder. Sat @7.30-9.30pm. $20-30
4. Haunted Brisbane CBD Ghost Tour - Despite its modern appearance, the River City is an old town – haunted by its past. On this tour you'll walk the streets of Queensland’s creepy capital and hear stories including the historic Brisbane Arcade. 2nd Sunday of the month @7.30-9pm. $15-26 (Fam 2A + 2 C - $65)
5. Lutwyche Cemetery Haunted History Tour - Visit the burial place of pioneers, war heroes and notorious criminals, where you'll hear fascinating tales including Black Death, mass murder, disgruntled workers and more. Last Saturday of the month @6.30-8pm $15-26
6. Ipswich Cemetery Ghost Tour - Hear real ghost stories of real haunted graves and real haunted sites in Ipswich – true tales researched from archives, libraries, former grave diggers & local residents – of forgotten graves, business tycoons, statues that move, convicts & bushrangers. 1st & 3rd Saturday of the month @7.30-9.30pm $20-30.
7. Haunted Ipswich CBD Ghost Tour - Ipswich was, and still is, a gothic little town haunted by many mysteries and has long attracted ghost stories of its haunted past. Take this 2 hour guided historical ghost tour through Ipswich’s city centre, where you will visit seven sites including the Old Flour Mill and hear real ghost stories gathered from archives, newspapers, books and local residents. 2nd & 4th Friday of the month @ 7.30-9.30pm. $20-30.
8. Goodna Cemetery Haunted History Tour - There are many mysteries, legends and stories connected to Goodna Cemetery, which is said to be one of the most haunted graveyards in Queensland. You'll hear stories of the Headless Angel, the Missing Graves and more. 2nd & 4th Saturday of the month @7.30-9.30pm. $20-30.
9. South Brisbane Cemetery Crime Tour - Join the 1.5 hour guided historical walking tour and hear 8 stories including captains, warders, deaths by poisoning, the Christmas Eve murder, Boggo Road Gaol (Jail) prisoners, bushrangers, the Devil’s Plot and more. 1st & 3rd Friday of the month @7.30-9pm $15-26 (Fam 2A + 2 C - $65)
Ghost Tours Australia is a valued partner of Must Do Brisbane.com