2019 International Cake Show Australia
The epic 2019 International Cake Show Australia - the absolute Top Gun of cake decorating - is coming to Brisbane Showgrounds from May 17-19.
Over three days thousands of sugar voyeurs, edible artists, cake decorators, cake bosses, professional pastry chefs, bakers, chocolatiers, home hobbyist decorators and food personalities from across the globe will converge on Brisbane to battle it out in 33 categories.
The general cake-loving public are invited to come along and enter, view and take part in a full program of masterclasses, activations, 90 free demonstrations, entertainment and more.
This year, the competition categories range from Wedding Cake Wars to Pirates, Dragons, Mystery and Magic, edible life–sized sculptures, sugar-crafting, celebration cakes, buttercream cakes and more.
Extra adventurous artists and decorators can enter the Australia’s largest cake competition and participate in gravity defying creations while children are entertained by animated nursery rhymes and children’s stories brought to life from sugar.
In special tribute to one of the world’s Seven Wonders and our country’s most precious asset, the World’s best cake artists come together to build a 5m x 4.5m Great Barrier Reef Sugar Spectacular set to include a huge coral cave, an abundance of marine life, and life-size shark and a diver made from cake.
A highlight will be a two-day televised, live international cake-off challenge on the main stage featuring six of the world’s most famous cake artists including Paul Bradford (Scotland), Dorothy Klerck (South Africa), Ben Cullen (UK), Verusca Walker (Sydney), Margie Carter (Sydney) & Paul Delaney (Wollongong). One of the world’s most inspiring cake artists Karen Portaleo (US) plays ‘Challenge Creator’ while the celebrity judging team includes Rosie Drummer (UK), Adriano Zumbo (Dubbo) and Monica Cavallaro (Sydney).
This year, two new categories add to the success of the International Cake Show Australia – one for Australia’s best pastry chefs and chocolatiers where many of Brisbane’s iconic hotels and venues will be represented.
Highlights of this year's show include:
- Celebrity cake artists, chocolatiers, chefs and bakers appearing throughout the three days.
- The two-day televised, live international cake-off on the main stage featuring 6 of the world’s most famous cake artists
- 90+ FREE “Live, Laugh & Learn” demonstrations on the hour every hour.
- Nursery Rhymes and children’s stories all made from sugar and brought to life
- Live Cake Sculpture stage – stage shows
- 6m x 6m Wind in the Willows Sugar Feature (animated and lit)
- 5m x 4.5m Great Barrier Reef Sugar Spectacular
- A Haute Couture Wedding Marquee - Australia’s most awarded wedding cake designers.
- Hands-on Workshops, masterclasses and mini classes
- Australia’s ultimate cake decorating competition and display (largest in Australia)
- The world’s best chocolate sculptures
- Wedding Cake Wars, where two teams battle it out
- Huge statement cakes in various locations throughout show.
- Pop up shops – you’ll be able to shop till you drop
International Cake Show Australia CEO Joan McDermott said the event, now into its second year, has already become a new cultural tourism attraction for Australia offering a brilliant cross between food, design, family entertainment, colour and competition.
“For the millions who watch Cake Boss, The Great Australian Bake Off and follow the hundreds of thousands of edible artists on social media, this event has already proven to be the penultimate experience and to have it staged here in Brisbane as a national showpiece is a coup for the city and its people, " said Joan.
Nice to know - Earlybird tickets are now on sale: Adult One Day Entry $24 ; Early Bird ACADA Members $20; Early Bird One Student/Pensioner Day Entry $15.
Need to know -The entrance to the show is on the Corner of Gregory Terrace & Costin Street. There is parking on Gregory Terrace immediately opposite the ICSA Entry. Parking is $13 per day.
The 2019 International Cake Show Australia is a value partner of Must Do Brisbane.com
600 Gregory Tce
May 17-19 10-4
Early Bird A$24
EB - Pens/Stud - $15
Child Under 12yrs - Free
3-Day Show Pass $50