John Scott Park
This train-themed playground is part of the wider John Scott Park, which, along with a local Arts & Crafts selling slab hut, occupies the historic spot where Samford Railway Station and adjacent rail yards once stood.
The station and rail line met their maker in 1955 and it was the campaigning of Bill Nelson, local postmaster of the time, that saw the old yards turned into a public park.
While a bit on the exposed side (it could use a shade sail) there's plenty of entertainment for pre-schoolers here – a train engine and carriage to climb in and out, swings, a mini fort slippery dip and rope wall for climbing.
As well there are a couple of picnic tables are tucked under a train platform style shelter.