This short well paved and shaded walk of roughly 2.5 km return cuts a swathe through and alongside a secret forest, complete with remnant billabongs and the odd secluded playground. While the interesting entry point (through a rustic overgrown arbor) is on Nottingham Rd, the parking there is a scant roadside affair, the alternative being to start halfway at Billabong Place.
1. Take the arbor entrance onto the boardwalk and follow it to the left where it splits in two, with the sandy creek bed below to the right. A short distance after the boardwalk ends the path emerges in to a secluded clearing with a cute little helicopter-themed children's playground.
2. Past the playground ignore the boardwalk turn-offs to the right across the creek and keep following the path, where soon little lily pad covered billabongs can be spotted through the trees.
3. When the path connects up to the road (Superior Pl) keep following it all the way until the lake (complete with bird hides) appears on the right then veer in and cross it via the pedestrian bridge to the other side, which is Billabong Place.
4. Head back the same direction, following the road on one side and billabongs and creek now on the right.
5. After several hundred metres there's another children's playground at the back of the opposite houses and from here turn right into the forest again (sign to Avondale Cr). Where the boardwalk forks, take a left turn which leads back out through the arbor.